Robert A. Funk
CEO and Chairman of the Board
Robert A. Funk is chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Express Employment Professionals. Prior to founding Express, Funk gained extensive experience with Acme Personnel Services, beginning as a personnel consultant and then rising to first vice president.
Funk graduated from Seattle Pacific University (SPU) with a bachelor's degree in business administration and theology. He completed his graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, and received his master's degree in business administration and theology from SPU. He holds three honorary degrees: an honorary doctorate of public service from SPU, awarded in 1995; an honorary doctorate of law presented by Oklahoma Baptist University in 2000; and an honorary doctorate of law presented by Southern Nazarene University in 2001.
Professional Memberships and Honors
- International Franchise Association Hall of Fame, 2010
- Oklahoma Affiliated Director of Blue Cross Blue Shield, 2009
- Chairman of the Conference of Chairmen, Federal Reserve Bank System, 2007
- Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, serving the 10th district, 2006-2007
- International Franchising Association (IFA), board member
- IFA's Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2000
- IFA's Educational Foundation, board of trustees
- Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI), board of trustees and charter honoree
- SMEI Hall of Fame, inductee
- National Association of Personnel Services Hall of Fame, inductee
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, board member
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, chairman of the board of directors
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber, member and former chairman
- Oklahoma Youth Expo, former chairman of the board of directors
- Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) board of trustees, member and former chairman
- Business Affairs Committee at OBU, chairman
- President’s Council at OBU, lifetime member
- Business Advisory Council for Oklahoma Christian University of Science and Arts, member
- Oklahoma Independent College Foundation, board member
- Allied Arts Circle Club, member and former co-chairman
- Prix de West Society, member and former chairman of the awards committee
- The University of Edinburgh’s James Clerk Maxwell Patron’s Club, member
As the second largest seed stock producer in the United States, Express Ranches
has several thousand Angus and Limousin cattle and maintains 165,000 acres of land at six locations, including Yukon and Shawnee, Okla.; Ute Park, Cimarron and Wagon Mound, N.M.; and Onida, S.D.
In addition, Express Ranches has several franchised operations which include the Rolling Triple R Ranches in Edmond, Okla.; Riverdale Ranch in West, Miss.; and Presnell Plantation Cattle Company in Morgantown, Ind.
The Express Ranches genetic program offers the ability to design cattle that can decrease the incidence of low birth weight and increase rapid performance and maternal characteristics. Each year, Express Ranches hosts seven bull and female sales in addition to semen and embryo sales, cattle feeding and consulting services. Sales at the 2006 Big Event Sale, which highlights the ranch's top Angus genetics, totaled over $5 million. Express Ranches will sell more than 4,800 head of Angus, Limousin and Lim-Flex genetics during this coming year.
For more information, visit www.expressranches.com or call (405)350-6404.
- Leading Angus cattle producer
- #1 largest seedstock producer in America
- Dozens of national champions in the show ring
- Renowned artificial insemination operation
- North American Limousin Foundation, board of directors
- Oklahoma State University’s Department of Animal Sciences Distinguished Service Award, 2005 recipient
- Oklahoma Limousin Breeders Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award, 2001 recipient
- International exporter of genetics
- North American Limousin Foundation, former president
- Honorary Angus Foundation, National Junior Angus Association, inductee
- Angus Foundation, benefactor
- National Stockman’s Hall of Fame, inductee